Installing and Starting The Software
The installation of the InveStore Storage Management software is a quick and easy process. The software is made up of several software components including storage hardware drivers, the InveStore kernel, and the administrator management console. Each piece is loaded on your storage server and enables you to begin the process of configuring and operating your storage subsystem. In addition, separate modules can be installed on a network or remote workstation to gain access to the network attached storage system.
InveStore Storage Server
Before you begin the installation process, make sure that you have the following items:
· Storage disk equipment that is connected to your server
· File server with a SCSI interface and the appropriate system requirements
· InveStore installation CD
· Storage media for system verification
Minimum System Requirements
* Additional RAM may be required to enhance the overall performance of the system.