Plasmon "Standard" D Series DVD-RAM Library
Support of Double-sided Media
The Plasmon D series DVD-RAM storage device must have the proper robotic flipper mechanism installed in the library to be able to use and access both sides of double-sided media. Without the ability to flip the media, only one side of double-sided media will be accessible.
There is no effective way to control standard D series magazines. Opening the front door takes the jukebox offline. This will cause a problem in a server environment. In addition to this, there is no mechanism for InveStore to lock the magazines or to indicate to the user which magazine to unmount.
There are only two methods for using this library.
- You will fill the box with populated magazines or work with it in that fashion.
- Or you will import / export bare media one at a time from the mail slot.
Note: You should never remove or insert the Import/Export slot unless its light is flashing.
The recommended method to use the D-Series library is to fill the entire library with populated magazines. The Volume Sets that you create should be set to the type FIXED, and be created using the maximum number of media that one magazine holds. This will enable to track and store OFFLINE media better. When you want to unmount media, you will shutdown InveStore and then remove whatever disk packs you want and then insert new ones for InveStore mounting.
Potential Operator Issues:
· It's very easy to have a tray inside of a magazine pop out part way after it's been inserted into the magazine slot. This will cause the jukebox to error with an alarm beep and then display an error message on the front panel. The magazine door will then become unlocked.
· To recover from this user error, requires that the operator remove the magazine and then push the CD tray back into the magazine. You will then SLOWLY re-insert the magazine back into the Import/Export slot.
· Inserting a magazine into a slot other than the Import/Export slot while InveStore is running will cause InveStore to become out of sync with the library. It is very important that the operator import or export magazines ONLY using the Import/Export slot that is flashing.
For further information on using this device, refer to your Plasmon users manual or visit the Plasmon web site at: