InveStore’s high-performance file system and advanced memory caching algorithms access and store data quickly and efficiently, and offer flexible disk usage. InveStore complies with sections 1, 2, and 3 of OSTA and ISO standards for storage disk storage and is fully backward compatible with earlier Pegasus formats. Features include:
· Hierarchical Cache Management (HCM) with RAM cache.
· Support for dual picker libraries.
· Runs as a service under Microsoft Windows.
· Support for UNC and Long File Names.
· Support for WORM and Re-writable storage, CD-ROM, DVD-ROM/RAM, and UDO devices combined on the same server license.
· An easy-to-use Graphical User Interface (GUI) provides full control of the storage system from a central console.
· Multi-user access supports up to 1000 users with one server. InveStore’s 32-bit kernel is multi-threaded and multi-tasking.
· Extensive volume management tracks data in and out of storage devices.
· Mount and Unmount disks, set drive parameters, and report errors without disrupting the file server.
· Drive letter access.
· Integrated platter-to-platter backup.
· Operating system independent disk format provides the ability to mount disks under diverse system platforms.
· API tools supports integration of InveStore features into software applications.